AN HONEST PLEA TO SPEND YOUR MONEY
I was an Associate Producer on this movie. Mouncey, my brother, was the Executive Producer on this movie. My sister in law, Elise, was the Director of this movie. We have been working on it in some way, shape, or form for close to three years now. We raised the money to make this movie on our own. We were lucky enough to find a crew that believed in the project and supported the endeavor with vigor and passion. We have managed to navigate the treacherous waters of domestic distribution relatively safely, and have partnered with a fantastic team (Freestyle Releasing) to make the movie as widely available as possible. It has been a long, arduous, and anxiety fueled journey to say the least, but as of January 17th, the film is now in wide release.
Here are some of the reviews which have been honest and mostly complimentary in their appraisal:
“Donner Pass is considerably better than many of its limited-budget brethren … an affection for the old-school practical-gore stalk ‘n’ slice we all know and love … In relation to most of the American “direct-to-video” horror indies that Donner Pass will soon reside next to, it’s actually quite a quiet little winner.”
“Donner Pass is an absolutely startling, thrilling and bloody fun romp … a brisk, nasty, and beautifully shot and crafted horror film.”
“Along with the very beautiful albeit gruesome camera work the movie just has some great production value.”
“Full of unpredictable twists and subplots, this film often left the reviewer thinking: what the hell is going on? This praise is noteworthy.”
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN WATCH/RENT/OWN DONNER PASS:
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH/RENT/OWN DONNER PASS:
- You wan to support independent filmmaking.
- You want to support female filmmakers, especially ones that make gory horror movies.
- You want to support my pathetically empty bank account.
- You enjoy watching bratty “teenagers” being eaten alive.
- You’ve been patiently waiting for the perfect genre crossing of slasher x zombies/cannibals.
- We shot on 16mm, on location, and used all in-camera SFX (6 different kinds of blood, pig intestines, etc.)
- John Kassir (The Original Voice of The Crypt Keeper™) is in it.
- You will literally help send my two nieces to college one day.
DO THE RIGHT THING, AMERICA.
I will be watching this later tonight. You should do the same! : D
- kulu-kulu reblogged this from creeperstatus
- filmmakingstilesme reblogged this from creeperstatus
- filmmakingstilesme likes this
- kulu-kulu likes this
- creeperstatus likes this
- deadknightjr likes this
- crapwithsauce reblogged this from creeperstatus
- supbitch likes this
- laurenlemon likes this
- beautyswagg13 likes this
- bodywallet likes this
- chuckhistory reblogged this from creeperstatus and added:
- schroyzee likes this
- chuckhistory likes this
- all-shookdown likes this
- dollnymph likes this
- sharkyteeth likes this
- mcgraves likes this
- pyramiduo likes this
- muck1 reblogged this from caseydonahue
- muck1 likes this
- firefliesfallforyou likes this
- pickpocket reblogged this from tumblangeles and added:
- quickattack likes this
- everyonehasablogexceptme reblogged this from ladymisskate and added:
- probole likes this
- matthewballen reblogged this from caseydonahue and added:
- matthewballen likes this
- thejonlife likes this
- natashavc likes this
- lmatkinson likes this
- auxiliofaux likes this
- kennethsmunoz likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- tumblangeles reblogged this from creeperstatus and added:
- andielf reblogged this from christinefriar
- passionatelyfunny reblogged this from caseydonahue
- noraleah likes this
- babyyouknowiamfabulous likes this
- theybuildbuildings reblogged this from crimson820
- jonbershad likes this
- pickledsailor reblogged this from atencio
- imperieazul reblogged this from ladymisskate
- bryanwashere likes this
- jhermann likes this
- crimson820 reblogged this from caseydonahue
- windups likes this
- papa-murf-likes reblogged this from caseydonahue
- andrewjrichards likes this
- a-insane-life reblogged this from caseydonahue